"We all have an inner voice, our personal whisper from the universe.
All we have to do is listen -- feel and sense it with an open heart.
Sometimes it whispers of intuition or precognition. Other times,
it whispers an awareness, a remembrance from another plane.
Dare to listen. Dare to hear with your heart."
~CJ Heck


"The Key to the Universe is Love, Together in a
Partnership with Awareness."
~Robert Cosmar



Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Prophetic Dreams:Visions

I am proud to introduce a friend and fellow writer, Janet Caldwell, aka Derailed Poet. She has agreed to share some of her prophetic dreams and visions and, like me, I'm sure you will also be stunned by her wonderful and amazing gift.

Janet is a published poet and author of "5 Degrees to Separation". To see more of her talented writing, I invite you to visit her at Author's Den.

Prophetic Dreams, Visions and Me
by Janet Caldwell


Since I was a small child I have had very vivid dreams and visions. When I say vision, I mean that I am awake and literally see an event. Sometimes the dreams or visions came true. Other times they were just a mix of my thoughts and the day's events all scrambled. As I got older I began to understand that some of the dreams and visions were prophetic and I could stop the outcome through prayer and meditation. The attempt to capture in words what was so incredibly real -- I hope to be able to do justice to both the dreams and visions.

When my son Michael was around eighteen, he asked if he could go on a trip to the beach with a couple of his friends. Immediately my head hurt and I saw a car crash. I told him absolutely not. He is aware of my gift and did not go. I told the other boys not to go but they just thought that I was crazy. That night we got a phone call. The two boys did have a car wreck and one of them was severely hurt and he did recover after quite some time. I sometimes wonder if my son had gone, whether he would have been killed or injured. I'm not certain how his being there would have altered these events, but I am forever grateful I did not have to find out.

On another occasion, I dreamed that my daughter who was a small child and lived with her grandparents would return to me. There was no reason to believe that circumstances in my life would make this possible. I dreamed that I was at work and she was sitting beside me, much older than she was at the time of the dream. She was probably eight at the time and when she was thirteen we reconnected and she came to visit me and I took her to work with me. She even had on the white denims and looked exactly as I had dreamed years earlier. I remember right after I had this dream I felt a great peace. Our relationship was restored and she came to live with me at the age of sixteen. She is almost twenty-nine now and well adjusted.

When I was very young, I had one particular dream over and over. In my dream, I walked outside my house and looked to the end of my street. I saw what looked like a giant bear. Huge, I mean King-Kong size, and it was coming slowly down the street towards my house. I could feel the earth rumble with each step. I was very frightened. I ran inside to the kitchen and hid behind the refrigerator. In reality there was no room for me to fit. I stayed awhile just shaking. Then, just like in the movies, I had to go out and look. He was still coming. However, there was a field across the street from my house and I looked and saw a body of water (not really there) and beyond that I saw a long table with Jesus in the center, his back to me. There were many people laughing and eating. I thought if I could only get across the water I will be safe. I don't remember how I got across but I did and Jesus put his arms around me and smiled. He asked me to sit down. I did. That is all that I remember but, in looking back, I know that Jesus was telling me that he loved me and though I might go through things (like the water) he would always be there. As a child of abuse, it was a great comfort to me. This dream contained a message: I am not alone.

Later in life, my cousin was going through a divorce and had four children to raise. She had no idea how she would get through. I was praying for her one day, and in front of my eyes, gift-wrapped boxes fell from the sky with beautiful ribbons. There were many boxes of all shapes and sizes. We talked about my vision and called it her “presents from God.” They always came, too. It may have been a particular bill that needed to be paid and she had no money to pay it and, out of the blue, someone would come to her and say “God told me to give this to you” and hand her cash or whatever she and the kids needed. I believe in God, always have, and always will. I also believe that he placed this gift in me. Sometimes I don't want it when I don't understand what it means.

Recently, I had a dream that my husband, Alan, and I were driving down the freeway. He was driving and all of a sudden he fell out of the car. I scooted over to the driver's side and looked in the rear view mirror and saw him doing cartwheels down the freeway. I was worried that I would run over him. He was going so fast that he caught up to my window. I pulled over, ran to him and called 911. The call went to another city in another state. I could not get the emergency response team. Finally, a man pulled over and called for me on his cell phone and an ambulance came. We sped to the hospital and he was fine. Then the scene changed and we were mountain climbing, except the mountain was made of petrified wood and very brittle. We were very high up and he fell down the mountain. I eventually climbed down and he was fine! We looked to the side of the mountain and there were stairs that looked as if they went to heaven. I laughed and said “We should have taken the stairs.” This dream has so many possibilities for meaning and I do not have the answer. I am still praying on this one. Maybe it's because he has had trouble with blood clots twice, came through it fine, and I am secretly worried. I don't know.

My Mom had this ability, too. When she was barely pregnant (1949) with my twin brothers, she had a dream that she looked in the rear view mirror of the car and saw a baby with two heads, four arms and four legs. Once she dreamed that my Dad got paid on a certain day and saw the check to the penny before it happened and he took the money and ran. This did happen. She also had a dream that a big bridge in Florida collapsed and two days later it did.

My brother died in 1980 and I was horribly upset. He was ten years older than me and the closest thing to a father that I ever had. The night that he died, we all stayed at my Mom's. I remember his daughter, Stephanie, slept in the bed with me. I am not sure if I was dreaming or not, but this is what happened. All of a sudden I was out of my body, I was looking at Stephanie and I asleep in the bed, sort of hovering. Then I heard my brother's voice. He told me, “I came to tell you that I made it. There are colors here that you have never seen. I'll see you when you get here.” It was his exact voice, but had a peaceful quality to it. That is all that I remember.

There are more, but I will save them for another time. I would like to thank CJ Heck for the opportunity to share my story.

Janet Caldwell
June 2010

Thank you, Janet, for sharing so much of yourself with us. Hugs, CJ

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you.

 
Promote your blog